Name: Convert your post pierced earrings to clip earrings
So you have or found a lovely pair of pierced earrings, but the problem is you do not have pierced ears! What to do? There are many ways to convert pierced earrings to clip on styles. This particular clip earring finding is made to turn post-type pierced earrings so they can be worn by non-pierced wearers.
Note: Before placing these components on the site , I had a panel of 10 people test these clips and provide me with their feedback. The results:
- These clips are easy to use
- Turn medium size post pierced earrings into clips quickly
- Work nicely with button vintage-type pierced earrings
- Hinged based worked very well with cushion pads
- Available is silver/gold tone allow you to match most earrings
- Not suitable for stud-type earrings, due to the construction of the clips, they can overwhelm a small stud making it look chunky
- Although the clip finding is reusable, earrings should not be put back as pierced. This would require bending the post of the earring, weakening it and possible causing a breakage - If you want Post2Clips that do not require post bending choose the Option 2 below.
- Nickel based - not suitable for Nickel-sensitive people
- Once the earring is attached to the clip, it may "swivel" from side to side
- Do not work with wired type dangling earrings - earrings with a top loop can be converted using other types of clips - click here to see other options.
In the end, many people liked the easiness and the ability to convert their post earrings to clips, others found the clips "chunky".
Note: nickel, and plated clips are not recommended for people with nickel allergies. Clip findings and parts from Crazy4clipons.com are NOT to be used to make products for children under 13 years of age.